The iPhone is an amazing piece of technology. Not only is it a mobile device that answers your calls and sends out texts with relative ease, but it also can provide you with apps that help you find your way through an unknown location, locate the nearest restaurant, or see if any storms are heading your way.
One of the best features about the iPhone, though, is the ability to download and play games. What’s better is that many of the games you can download can be played online with your friends on your iPhone!
But there are thousands of games out there to download. You have to know which ones are worth your time and money. So here we present the eight must-have games for your iPhone!
1. Angry Birds ($0.99) – This really shouldn’t come as much of a surprise! Angry Birds is one of the very best games for iPhone there is, and it has been at the top of the gaming charts in just about every country. For those who don’t know what the game is about (and who DOESN’T know at this point?!), the goal of this super addictive game is to efficiently destroy the structures of the evil green pigs, who have stolen the angry birds’ eggs. This is easily the best way to spend $0.99 on the iPhone!
2. Drop 7 ($2.99) – Talk about a brain workout! Drop 7 can be best described as an addictive blend of Tetris and Sudoku, except much less complicated. The basic idea is to drop blocks into a 7×7 grid. Each block has a number on it, and when the number on the block matches up with the number of blocks in a row or column, it disappears! This game is one of those that is easier to play than explain, so you’ll just have to download it to see what all the hoopla is about!
3. Geometry Wars: Touched ($4.99) – That’s right – it’s Geometry Wars for the iPhone! This game, which is an addictive hit on gaming consoles, uses a clever contextual touchscreen thumb stick control system that will track the movement of your thumb in relation to where you initially touch the screen. It’s an elegant, fast-paced, and insanely fun game, and the iPhone version includes familiar Geometry Wars modes including Deadline, King, Pacifism, Waves, and Sequence. Oh, and if you’re not very good at math, don’t fret. You won’t need to identify side-angle-side triangles at all… just blow them up!
4. Plants vs. Zombies ($2.99) – The classic computer game is back and ready to rock on the iPhone! Plants vs. Zombies has 50 levels, 49 different plants, and 26 different kinds of zombies on the iPhone. If you haven’t played this game before, then you are definitely in for a real treat! Think of it as a Tower Defense style game that takes place in your back garden and has zombies in it. Practice for the impending zombie apocalypse with this fun game!
5. Words with Friends ($0.99) – Forget Scrabble! Words with Friends is totally IN! Almost everyone is playing this fun iPhone game, and it is such a great icebreaker for when you meet someone for the first time and notice that they have an iPhone. There is simply no explanation needed. Just ask someone you meet if they play it. You’ll see what we mean!
6. Fruit Ninja ($0.99)– Ever wish you could slash, cut, or otherwise mutilate fruit to your heart’s content without having to clean up the mess (or potentially cutting off your thumb)? Now you can! Simply play Fruit Ninja and swipe your finger to slash fruit all day long!
7. Peggle ($2.99)– Fair warning – you will never hear Beethoven’s “Ode To Joy” in the same way ever again when you play this game! The objective of this game is to fire balls from the top of your screen and hit as many pegs as you can. Peggle features over 100 levels and a fun multiplayer mode. This amazing game is fun and easy enough that truly ANYONE can play this (and become instantly addicted to it!). A definite must!
8. Draw Something (free) –Don’t let the title fool you – no drawing skills are required with this easy, addicting game! You can use over 50 vibrant colors to draw your pictures with Draw Something, and you take turns guessing what your friends draw at your own pace. If you’re stumped by a word, you can simply exchange it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb.
If you don’t have some or any of these games downloaded to play on your iPhone, what are you waiting for? Go to the App Store and download them right away! Better yet, get your friends to download them so you have someone to play with.