In a news conference on Apple’s campus today, Apple announced the release of several new products, including the 5S! We’ve watched the live feeds, scoured the expert’s reviews and gathered all the highlights for you – short and simple!
Dubbed by Apple the “most forward thinking phone we have ever created,” the iPhone 5S comes in three metal finishes: silver, gold and space gray to replace the iPhone 5. It features:
- 64-bit A7 processor
- Increased performance and speed
- New home button
- Improved camera with new flash and enhanced auto functions in the software
- Touch ID – use your fingerprint instead of a password to log into your phone
iPhone 5S starts at $199 with two-year contract.
The iPhone 5c comes with a new design in five colors. Although it’s certainly a more affordable version of the iPhone, Apple stresses that it’s still just as well made and designed with steel reinforced structure, multiband antenna, and 4-inch Retina display.
A 16 GB iPhone 5c starts at $99 w/ 2-year contract.
Apple’s iOS 7 is the biggest change the software has seen since the original iPhone was released in 2007, featuring:
- New design with revamped icons and animations
- New features (Siri in male voice and iTunes Radio!)
- Command Center for easy access to settings
- New multitasking view and enhanced Camera (built-in filters) and Calendar apps.
Watch the official iOS7 video here to see what’s new! iOS 7 will be free starting on Sept. 18!
Pre-order starts on Friday & launches in stores on Sept. 20.
We’re quite excited about the all these new developments, but can we just say this? We were totally first into the whole color thing – have you seen the awesome colors our Band-It case comes in?
Plus, make sure you’re on our waiting list to be first to find out when our iPhone 5/5s cases release (HINT: it’s happening extremely soon!). Email us at email@example.com and in the subject line put “iPhone 5 wait list”.